Last Updated on
Hey sports bettor! Are you looking to add an extra source of income in your life by learning how to become a bookie? Or maybe you are already booking and want to add more clients to your sheet without spending money on phones, clerks, or making sure your lines stay sharp. Pay per head services provide the best way on how to be a successful sports bookie and manage your business.Whatever your case may be, in this article we will explain, in very simple terms, how “pay per head” bookie software and services work, and how you can use them to become a bookie and be more profitable. Whether you are a long-time agent or a sports bettor looking to get into the business.
How to be a Bookie using the “Pay Per Head” Business Model?
The pay per head bookie business model is used by successful sports bookies to run their bookie operation. It can also assist you in jump-starting your own bookmaking operation.
Let’s use a step by step example of the typical flow of operation:
- 1If you are wondering how to be a bookie and take bets from friends or family, you can sign up for a free week of our service or request a pay per head demo account.
- 2Upon signing up, you will receive a username and password (usually referred to as “agent login”). You will also receive several usernames and passwords for your clients (player logins). These are the players from whom you will take bets.
- 3Start by giving out these usernames and passwords to your players. They will use these to log into the sportsbook website where they will place their bets.
Becoming a Bookie 101: A typical example of giving out an account to one of your players will look like this:
1. You have a friend named John. You come to an agreement with John on how much he can bet per week or month (let’s say $500 per week). This is his “credit limit,” which he can use to place his action in any given week. Setting a credit limit is one of the keys to having success in running a bookie operation and becoming a successful sports bookie. You also agree with John that every Tuesday you two will “settle.” This means that if during that week John ended up with a positive balance and therefore you owe him money, you will pay John in full on Tuesday. If John lost more than he won, and therefore ended the week with a negative balance, he owes you money, and he will pay you in full on Tuesday.
You can easily set the credit limit from the player management screen. Once the player reaches that limit, he will no longer be able to place any more bets.
You give John the address of the sportsbook website, and one of the usernames and passwords we gave you when you signed up (player logins). Another important factor on how to become a bookie is having your own wagering website. We will give you access to a modern website where you can direct your players to place their bets.This website is also given to you upon signing up or requesting a demo account. It’s usually something like “yoursite.com.” The username and password could be something like “player123” with password “xyz123.”
You can easily access the list of players’ usernames and change their passwords. You can also add more player accounts, whether you are a long-time agent or just starting your bookie business.
John can then log into that website and place bets on sports, casino games, and horse racing. All wagers are tracked and recorded by the system. You can log into your agent backend system to see all the bets placed by your players in real-time.*With our bookie software you can control what is available in your sportsbook. If, for example, you only want to offer action on NFL and nothing else, we can set it up just like that.
Your players will use a top-of-the-line sportsbook to place their bets. You have total control of what sports and games are available to them.
Monitoring the action on your book is very important to ensure success on your way to becoming a profitable bookie. You can log into your agent account and see what John has been placing bets on. You will see all the bets John has placed, how much he has bet, and how much he has won or lost.
To help you quickly scan your numbers, all daily balances are color-coded. Go more in depth by clicking any balance.
If you only had John betting during a week, you would only pay $10 for every week John bets, whether it is 1 bet or 100, and whether he loses $10K or breaks even. You only pay the $10 for handling his bets, keeping sharp lines, and providing all the software and infrastructure to both you and John. Pay per head services provide the most straightforward way to become a successful sports bookie and manage the business.
The “active customers” report shows how many players have placed bets per week. These are segmented by Sports Betting, Casino, and Live Betting.
- 4Our pay per head services are extremely useful when getting the upper hand on how to become a bookie who is not only profitable but also cares about privacy. Our service provides the utmost privacy to you and your players since all bets are recorded in our offshore servers, away from any prying eyes or unwanted attention. You and your players enjoy complete anonymity.
- 5If you had 10 players and gave out 10 accounts, but only 4 of them placed wagers during the week, you only pay $40. In other words, we only charge players that are “active” during the week (which means they placed 1 or more wagers that week).
That is how the “pay per head” bookie business model works and how to make money as a bookie using our service. It’s very easy to work with and EXTREMELY secure since everything is managed in an OFFSHORE DATA CENTER which handles all the action in your book.If your players prefer to call in instead of using an online website, we also provide you with a toll-free number which connects to our offshore call center, and one of our clerks will take your player’s action. We don’t charge any additional cost for this. Another factor that determines your success as a bookie in running your sports bookmaking operation is the accessibility that the software provides to your players. Our bookie software is mobile-ready, which means your players can easily log in from their smartphones and place their bets. This is important due to the rise of mobile betting all around the world, and this trend is only expected to increase as technology advances.
How to Become a Bookie with PayperheadHost and sky-rocket your profit margins!
At PayperheadHost, we really have the profit of your business in mind. That’s why only with us will you have access to tools designed to control every aspect of your bookie operation and allow action on only the sports, games, lines types, juice configurations, and bet types that make you the most money. Being a bookie online has never been easier, and these tools will assist you like no other in learning how to become a bookie.Furthermore, we provide the most advanced and easy-to-use lines adjustment tool. Whether you want to adjust your home team spread by a couple of points and continue following our line updates, or want total control of your offering by setting a fixed line, you can do it with PayperheadHost’s bookie software. Another point that worries those who are considering how to become a bookie is “lines control.”Using a pay per head service and not having total control of their sports betting lines can indeed be worrisome for some. Because of this we have paid special attention to our lines management tool to help you have quick and total control. We take pride in having the most advanced lines adjustment tool in the industry so that, if you choose to adjust your betting lines yourself, you can easily do so. Or just leave it to our experienced lines management team to publish the sharpest lines to ensure profit for your bookie operation in the long run.
Click the link below to see the UNIQUE features that separate our platform from the rest, and feel free to request a DEMO account if you want to test the platform.